tips

so you want to be a model railroader:well the first thing to do is to fill one pocket with money then another pocket with marbles,now every time you spend money for a Model Railroad item toss away a marble and after a while when you have spent all your money and lost all your marbles you will be a Model Railroader!!!!

My wife asked me why I got back into model railroading. I said I could spend time with my kids with trains or working on a classic car. Model trains take up way less space. Parts are generally cheaper and easier to find. No license, registration or insurance fees either. I can enjoy them year round.

for the members who might have read Grant L. Graeber,s how-to biuld a propane delivery truck in the January 2022 issue of MR magazine if you should want to build one: the Walthers scene master single axle box truck #949-11291 can be used also be used as the frame is the same as the roll off/on wrecker there is one screw at rear of frame to be removed and the box comes off, the plastic side guards also come off and the frame is ready after prescribed cuts are made, also the box truck is a little cheaper then the wrecker and the box can be used in a scene if you so desire...

Back