This has been sitting on my bench for a couple years

AirbrushNo5

Waiting to be weathered….
Finally got around to it today

IMG_7137.jpeg

I find it’s better to weather similar cars at the same time, otherwise you are guessing what you did and your results may differ

View attachment 172297
One of the things you (also) do really well, in addition to the general chalking, is to use your brush(es) to reflect the way falling water "works" along a carbody.

I've said elsewhere--a scenery thread I think it was--that "it's all about drainage." In that case I was talking about ditches and culverts. But it's just as true here.

I THINK it was in further back in this/your thread that we discussed distressed logos on the two sides of a Rio Grande boxcar? Yes?

I also remember I speculated (in humor) as to the nature of that fifth airbrush...

...and was it a joking reference to (Chanel) number 5. "

"No," you said. "It's just my fifth airbrush."

But which one, and what is your particular setup again? After many years I just bought in again myself to a new airbrush rig. Probably inadequate for stuff down the road, but I needed to restart with it somewhere, and this rig should work well enough for that, I think.

Thanks… I am currently using an Iwata Revolution airbrush with a compressor and tank…

I just switched all my paint brushes and filtered my Turpenoid supply thru a couple layers of paper towels into a new container to eliminate fiber contamination which has been plaguing me for a while now…

Yup…the Rio Grande boxcar way back was faded, then the logo chipped off for a ghost lettering effect…on the other side it didn’t work out as intended…a learning experience

IMG_7156.jpeg

Last edited:

Back