They're Baaaaaaccckkk.

Yeah, I always check this forum a couple times a day and use the Coffee Shop to check in. I just haven't had anything new to post. Almost everything going on with the layout is either in limbo or construction mess.
Grande man is right; it's summer and many are involved in other things.This forum will pickup as summer passes.

Last edited by a moderator:
RexHea said:
Yeah, I always check this forum a couple times a day and use the Coffee Shop to check in. I just haven't had anything new to post. Almost everything going on with the layout is either in limbo or construction mess.
Grande man is right; it's summer and many are envolved in other things.This forum will pickup as summer passes.

I'm here - several times a day - when I am around. It's pretty dead across the street as well. No where's near the usual traffic. The only reason I am hanging out here right now is that I have to complete an order for a customer and have to sit and take the CD's out of the burner trays as they are done. Will be gone to a different camp most of next week. People have a lot of other things going on this time of year.

I guess its just Too Danged HOT for anyone ot accomplish anything?
Wel I've been back for a few weeks, but I'm just not used to this heat. Been running 2 dehumidifiers, one upstairs and one down stairs in the train room. Darn humidity was so high when we got back from the trip that the gate into the layout was jammed shut. Can't recall how many buckets of water I've sent down the drain from the train room. Gate works fine now. Airconditioner and dehumidifier going in the livingroom.
When I get a bit of work done outside I'm beat just don't have the ambition to get up off my butt, hoping for better temperatures through Aug.
Cheers Willis

I am here i lurk alot beause i am in the planning stag of a new layout i moved and have to redo the layout because it to big for the current space (wrong shape ) ;)

Not that the heat isn't bad, but I just realized that in the 3 summer months I've been on this forum I've posted more than I did in the 4 years since I joined the "other" forum.

Willis, We've lived here for over 30 years, and the recent muggy heat wave sent us out for a dehumidifier today. The heat I can take, but not the 70% humidity that came with it! That "sucker" collected two gallons of water in about three hours! Ahhhh. Much better. :)

The heat I can take, but not the 70% humidity that came with it!
Yep that's what's getting to us too. We moved here from Ontario Can. 30 years ago because of the milder winter temps and cooler summers, that seems to be lost for this year. This is the first time we used a dehumidifier upstairs. I think we'll wait till it cools a bit before taking the camper out again.

7.gif
Thems not tears :D

Cheers Willis

Back