They have ruined it!

Milwaukee RD always thought you might be a SD7/9 kind of guy? You my friend are the MIL RD exspert here so if you it looks good it looks good

That I am indeed my good man! Can't beat those Geeps and SD's, love the 1st generation diesels, accept the 2nd generation ;) and totally ignore the modern stuff!
Would have loved for the Milwaukee Road to paint their modern diesels like this, had they still been around today!

Do you notice the difference in colours of the band...?

picMILW186_zpsdkdectw0.jpg

You're seeing the effects of exposure to the sun on the maroon stripe. Adding to it will be paint brand, etc., as I mentioned earlier. One other thing that would affect the paint is the kind of soap used when the car was washed. The harsher the soap, the more the paint will be affected.

Some time ago Athearn put out an es44 milw in the rtr line. Believe it was blk/orange though, wish I would have gotten one!

Think that I saw that one somewhere.....
I wish Milwaukee Road was still around, all of it.....anyhoo, relive the company through books, DVD's and this fantastic forum!

Steam, 1st and 2nd generation diesels here mate!
Have a few favourite companies, but Milwaukee Road has for some reason, become an obsession/addiction or whatever you want to call it... lol

I'm going to order that Intermountain ES44AC Milwaukee unit next week. I'll let you guys know when I get it.

BLI makes some great milwaukee RD stuff ive got an SD7 of theres and two SD40-2. They all look good but the 40s handel my 3% grade with a full load of ore cars and tankers with no issues ,the 9 well not quite so much.,and dont for get the SOO line & CN & CP rail as they all took bits and pieces of what once was the proud "Milwaukee road"

Atlas is at it....

AEM-7/ALP-44 Electric w/Sound & DCC - Master(R) Gold

76373493930471_zps4jdtuihb.jpg

Milwaukee Road #E100 (Fantasy Scheme, orange, maroon, black)

Back