The great Tsunami Mystery.

BNSF dude

BNSF foamer
Ok. I've tried everything. EVERYTHING!! I just cant get my headlights to work with my ditchlights..:mad: The decoder is a TSU-1000 EMD 710. I set CV 51 to 47 and CV 52 to 59 I believe, and they will flash if I have F5 and F6 on and I blow the horn. But If I even turn on F0, they turn off. I just want them to work all together and it won't work that way. Can someone help me?

I'll help if I can. I think you were the one who posted a comment on my youtube video.

How do you have the headlights and FX5-FX6 wired? Are we working with incandescent lights or LEDs?
If you have tried every CV value then it could be the way you have the lights wired.
Make us a wiring diagram with MS paint or some other way to post it.

Have you tried to do a CV reset to see if you had some weird programming that you didn't know about?

By default CV wise, the Function 0 and FX5 and FX6 should not interact.

Make sure these CV values are set to default:

CV33 = 1
CV34 = 2
CV35 = 8
Then set these two CV values if you want the ditch lights (FX5 and FX6) to flash while horn is sounded:
CV51 = 57
CV52 = 41

I have my function map swapped with CV30 = 4 and have my Function 0f also run FX5 and FX6 so in my case I use CV33 = 49 to have headlight turn on both ditch lights. Information is available in the Tsunami® Digital Sound Decoder
Diesel Sound
User’s Guide

Jerry

Last edited by a moderator:
I have all of it wired. I have figured out that most likely that I have too much resistance on the ditchlights.

Back