The Dreaded Rope Bridge

I think Europe has a larger diversified landscape than the US in a much smaller area, you only need to look at southern France/Italy and Austria, don't get me wrong, the US has its own amazing landscapes too.
But you could easily "borrow" aspects of Europe and still base it in the US, unless you intend to go on a massive spending spree for European Locomotives and rolling stock.
Ive always loved European architecture! Maybe next layout, or do a small N scale. I still have a 1/4 of the basement left! 🤔 🤔

Or, you could do as I do - a non specific region, completely fictional so you can do anything you like. Have the scenery you want, the architecture you want, the trains and rolling stock you want. An area the size you have available for an N Scale fictional layout would be amazing - heck you could start at one end in Europe and transition into the US at the other :)

Remember Mike - when it comes to the layout - there are no hard and fast rules ;) :)

Thats not a bad idea. I'm growing fonder of that bridge the more I look at it!

Wonder how bad that is to assemble?

If you were talking about the original bridge that was posted, it doesn't look to hard - maybe a bit time consuming, but it seems pretty straight forward from what I saw (and can now not find) of the assembly instructions.

I have a bunch of N scale European style buildings that were in an auction I won last summer. Probably 10-12. I doubt I'll ever use them. They're just sitting in a box.

Here are a few pics from back when I was going through the contents of the auction.
1686249042696.png

1686249068308.png

I have a bunch of N scale European style buildings that were in an auction I won last summer. Probably 10-12. I doubt I'll ever use them. They're just sitting in a box.

Here are a few pics from back when I was going through the contents of the auction.
View attachment 169605
View attachment 169606
A lot of those buildings appear to be of German/Austrian origin, you could really make a nice layout using those.

Back