The BOeC

Thanks zoegraf. We went for a long hike in the boonies this morning.
Since he's sleeping now I scootted down to the layout room! haha:):D

Just too much "bunching" and "clumps" of grass:mad:. I removed it and put somehting else. I imagine it's harldy noticeable. Ha! Well...

Cool! I got an Altas C424 too. Back in its box until I decide what I will do with
it. Yes, to make it a "Canadian" representation there's things to correct.
You did (so far as the pics you posted) a great job. Very well balance weathering too. Nicely done!

Syl

Thanks.
Check out my post "Leaning loco" to see what I had to do to fix some flaws in the C424. It took me three days to resolve. Phew!

2011212174329_666.JPG

This shot looks real! Nicely done.

zoegraf posted

Thanks.
Check out my post "Leaning loco" to see what I had to do to fix some flaws in the C424. It took me three days to resolve. Phew!

I did. Good investigative skills from your part. I was not aware of the "tab" problem either. I think your loco color scheme looks better then the zebra one. Also you added details and weathering make that loco stand out. Much better. Very well done indeed.

Thanks for the weathering comments. Agreed: the CV boxcar pics turned out decent.
Weathering is a constant learning process. I am far from knowing what I'm doing HA!

Last edited by a moderator:
I did. Good investigative skills from your part. I was not aware of the "tab" problem either. I think your loco color scheme looks better then the zebra one. Also you added details and weathering make that loco stand out. Much better. Very well done indeed.

Thanks for the weathering comments. Agreed: the CV boxcar pics turned out decent.
Weathering is a constant learning process. I am far from knowing what I'm doing HA!

Well your'e doing well. One more thing about the C424. I also noticed the little circuit board above the motor was off a bit putting pressure on one side of the shell. I just made the tabs a little smaller so I could adjust it.

Going to take a look at the rest of your posts....

zoegraf posted:

The first shot is great because you can't see the couplers.

Yes. Absolutely. Since I don't use [anymore] magnets under the tracks, I will most likely cut the trip-pin.

zoegraf posted:

The background looks really blended in this shot.

Thank you. It's amazing what a simple backdrop do for a scene and overall look of the layout.

zoegraf posted:

Well your'e doing well. One more thing about the C424. I also noticed the little circuit board above the motor was off a bit putting pressure on one side of the shell. I just made the tabs a little smaller so I could adjust it.

Going to take a look at the rest of your posts....

Thanks again. It's been a while and it's an exercise in patience (weathering)
I already scrapped a covered hopper. Was trying something new and it did not work out. Oh well...

I did noticed that too: When I installed a decoder (NCE) I could feel the pressure when I put the shell back on. That's a good idea about the tab. Did not think of it.

Rico posted:

Very nice!

Reminds me of my travels down east.

Thank you Rico. That's exactly what I am after. It is model after a prototype location. Nevertheless it can be quite "generic" for that area (east).

Rico posted:

Très belles vidéos, ils sonore très bien pour moi !

Merci! C'est gentil. I juts find the "sound" of it all not great.
Will work on it later

Thanks

zoegraf posted:

Very nice/superb! I especially like the depth of field in the second one.

Thank you.

I've been looking at some of your older post (with pics) you do excellent scenery.

Back