Thanks a Lot-Administrator

petey

Spent some time composing a fairly lengthy question concerning my MTH Challenger, after logging in.
When I tried to post the comment, you decided I was not logged in. Consequently, I lost the post!!
:mad:

It has happened to me too many times. Sometimes it is my fault or the dog steps on the keyboard.

I don't stew over it anymore. Whenever I have anything substantial, I enter it into a word processor and then copy and paste it to the forum.

You get a better product, also.

Bill

Can't say I blame you for being annoyed. A week or so ago I contacted the (so called) administrators because I can't clear my PM's. I am STILL waiting for a response.

They can't reply to anything but can make sure the automated - your PM Quota is at 90%, you need to clear your old PM's.

Hey administrators - LISTEN UP! You want me to clear my PM's - FIX the bloody problem I have now written to you about twice!

Also, while we're on it - when are one of you going to do what I asked and lock a particular thread? You want the fancy (but apparently irrelevant) Title - do the damn job that goes with it!

If you can't/wont do the job, then QUIT and let some one do it who can and will!!!!!!

Okay - soap box is away.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're going to write a long post, it seems it's best to use the "Go Advanced option". The Quick Reply times out.

Is Tony still a member?

If you're going to write a long post, it seems it's best to use the "Go Advanced option". The Quick Reply times out.

Is Tony still a member?

For the moment I am ... but I'll almost bet that if they answer anything - it'll be that to tell me I'm Banned for exercising my constitutional rights to freedom of speech :)

Yeah, I don't really believe that either.

Bottom line "Truth Hurts" ;)

I don't think your constitutional rights extend to someone's personally owned web site. Freedom of speech, right to bear arms and a few others are left on the front door step when you visit someone's private property.

You maybe right Ken - about private property; however, this is a Public Forum, as are all forums and sites as they are open to the public.

The point is, if you are going to run something - run it. People, members whatever name you want to put to them have asked questions and requested help from this/these administrator/s and, for all intent and purposes, have been ignored.

If the administrator/s can't or wont provide the assistance/answers being requested, then get someone who will and or can.

Well thanks petey, it's not often we get thanks :D Seriously though I don't believe it's the site software, when glitches like that happen to me it's because I lightly touch a key somewhere on the keyboard that changes the whole operation or takes me somewhere else or another function. Touchy keyboards and high speed processors stubby fingers etc are the real problem. On this site it's mostly missed letters wrong keys but on some others yes I do get lost posts, questions like "Are you sure you want to leave this page" Sign of the times, experience in typing, key pads too small and the list goes on. The only cure I can recommend is to slow down on the typing. Anyway do your best to enjoy the site.
Cheers
Willis

Can't say I blame you for being annoyed. A week or so ago I contacted the (so called) administrators because I can't clear my PM's. I am STILL waiting for a response.

They can't reply to anything but can make sure the automated - your PM Quota is at 90%, you need to clear your old PM's.

Hey administrators - LISTEN UP! You want me to clear my PM's - FIX the bloody problem I have now written to you about twice!

Also, while we're on it - when are one of you going to do what I asked and lock a particular thread? You want the fancy (but apparently irrelevant) Title - do the damn job that goes with it!

If you can't/wont do the job, then QUIT and let some one do it who can and will!!!!!!

Okay - soap box is away.

That's very strange Tony, I haven't received any notices from you nor PM's if I had I certainly would have answered them. Send me a PM describing your problem.
Cheers
Willis

Tony I just tried the deletion on a couple of real old PM's in my PM inbox and it worked fine (I leave most of them there in case a reference is ever needed) If there's a problem there, Bob will have to take care of it because the PM's are just that "Private" but in any case let me know and I'll bring it to Bob's attention.

Willis

Tony the Task has been done, I'll keep an eye on the problem.

You maybe right Ken - about private property; however, this is a Public Forum, as are all forums and sites as they are open to the public.

Sorry Tony but no. This is a private forum. You had to join and agree to a set of rules, remember? It doesn't happen much, but the mods will shut down threads and delete posts if things get out of line. That is rare, as this is a good group but it has happened!

Hey that's very possible for a retired guy! (3.47 posts a day)

But seriously, let's maintain an even strain ;) Let's also remember that the moderators are a bunch of guys with day jobs as well. They tend not to interfere much as they don't have to. Like I said, it's a good group. This forum is to an extent self moderated, meaning: "Y'all are grownups, act like it!" :D They will get involved more quickly in instances of flaming, abuse, or the discussion of religion or politics. Other than that, they are a pretty low key bunch. I like it that way.

Thanks for the tip as the one time that happened I received a phone call and when I got back and finished it said that I had to sign in. Not a big deal as the post wasn't that long.

Willis,
Appreciate the reply. I have become a somewhat sloppier typist. At 76 it's hard to be precise. At one time, I could type 60 wpm w/o an error. Ain't going to see that anymore.
Of course, I have no idea what insidious key caused the time out.

Tony I just tried the deletion on a couple of real old PM's in my PM inbox and it worked fine (I leave most of them there in case a reference is ever needed) If there's a problem there, Bob will have to take care of it because the PM's are just that "Private" but in any case let me know and I'll bring it to Bob's attention.

Willis

Willis,

Here is what I am getting, and have been getting for the past few weeks:

TONY-PC-2015-jan-14-001_zpsd727693a.jpg

I did what was stated, and nothing at all in response. It is that apparent ignorance of doing exactly what is required that gets people, well me, annoyed, especially when it seems to be ongoing.

If you can get this problem fixed, then that would be great.

Back