technical info for family book in salute to past Grampas Lionel setup - & any story suggestions.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

johnreev44

do you anything about this stuff - technical info on the trains or posters etc for family book in salute to past Grampas Lionel setup - & any story suggestions. I know nothing about Lionel Trains, its gone but not forgotten.
Part_1 (3).jpeg
Train Room 2.jpg
jenna, dan, jared and mary with trains.jpg
IMG_0001.jpg
IMG_0003.jpg

johnreev44

Can anybody tell me what model or name or freight line these are?

Attachments

TrucTrain55

John. Nice collection. Looks like all of the old rolling stock is O27 Lionel. At the top shelf is a pair of Lionel FA Alcos probably in the early 1960s below that is a pair of F3 Lionel Illinois Central. The Illinois Central GP9s are Lionel/ MPCs. The Green/ Yellow Rutland car is a 6464 run but not original as well as the Southern Boxcar. Very bottom shelf on the far right is the Fort Knox car then the Aquarium car and at the end is a Chicken car all these were animated cars. The light car is a Lionel but don’t know what year. Nice looking collection.

TrucTrain55

I just noticed he had a Lionel/MPC GP7 Penn Central on the point of those passengers car I just bought one of those a couple weeks ago runs great
E4DED0BA-7FA0-470D-B7FB-9FDBBF891E38.jpeg

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.