Tech 7 Controller?

Mike - I am running the new rebuilt layout as DCC, using my NCE stuff; however, I run all my layouts as DC while I am building them and testing them. It may not make sense to anyone, but that is how I have always built my layouts. I then use the DC Controller/s to poewer my accessories - building lights, street lights etc :)

My second MRC 1370 shit the bed about an hour ago so am in need of a new DC Controller and heard (over the years) that these Tech7's were pretty good and value for money :)

I am running the new rebuilt layout as DCC, using my NCE stuff; however, I run all my layouts as DC while I am building them and testing them. It may not make sense to anyone, but that is how I have always built my layouts. I then use the DC Controller/s to poewer my accessories - building lights, street lights etc
Good idea, easier to fault find with DC than DCC, unless your (what's the word) not block, where you isolate sections of your layout, bugger, you get my drift I'm sure.

I have a spare 1370 I can send along with the other stuff. It’ll just be going to the landfill otherwise.
Thanks mate but might need it a bit sooner than you can get one to me ... I still have three tracks that need to be laid and connected, so I really need something to test and check that work when it is done.

Thanks mate but might need it a bit sooner than you can get one to me ... I still have three tracks that need to be laid and connected, so I really need something to test and check that work when it is done.
I have a spare 1370 I can send along with the other stuff. It’ll just be going to the landfill otherwise.
Florida to NY state isn't that far is it, how bad is the USPS ??

Um, about 1400 miles give or take, so about a 3 day trip one way :) I'd love to do it BUT Toot wouldn't want to be left for 6 or so days, and I can't blame her for that.
I wasn't actually suggesting you drive over, never mind leaving Toot's on her own. I just wondered how long USPS would take.

Anyone use one of these Tech7 Controllers? If so, are they any good and which one should a person get if they are good?
I am pretty certain I have at least one, and I believe I used it for Christmas tree display in 2017. All I remember is that I didn't have any problems with it. Next time I get to where the trains are stored, I can dig it out, but I am guessing you will have moved on by then.

Thanks Horseman - I think that is what I will end up getting. I had 3 1370's in the past and they were pretty good but the last one the one that died this afternoon, was only a couple of years old and hardly used, so I am now a bit wary of the 1370.

Tony,
I use a Tech 7 and have had it for approximately 5 years. It is a very good controller. It is excellent for DC and DCC control, as it delivers a clean signal, no pulse power. You won't be disappointed. Glenn

Tony,
I have the ampac 760. Here is a pic.

Attachments

• IMG_6378.jpeg
    IMG_6378.jpeg
    620 KB · Views: 42

Back