SyncMaster 950p

Old 97

Hogger
Just bought a used monitor for $20.00 and it's too big! :eek: :eek:
Makes my eye hurt trying to read what's on the screen......:rolleyes:
The computer table groaned a little bit when I lifted it up there and set it down. We'll see if gravity puts it all back on the floor. :p :D

used computer equipment in my experience is very poor, especially monitors. the dead pixel problem is way too common...

19" at 1920 x 1440 is pretty good. No one is manufacturing LCDs at that resolution yet. Sometimes I really miss CRT monitors. I had a Sony 21" CRT that did some obscene resolution like 2200 x 1600. It was glorious.

Then LCDs came along and the pursuit of high resolution displays tanked. Until recently when Apple and Samsung flung the pixel density into the 300+ pixels per inch range. We've finally past where CRTs left off over a decade ago.

About five years ago I actually threw away a pile of CRTs. No one wanted them. 17", 19" and 21" displays. I probably asked 20 different groups, from school systems to charity organizations ... They all said they had received more monitors in the past few months than they could store. It seems like that might have been when LCD prices really started to be reasonable. Hell, we replaced a couple dozen in one shipment so they must have been! :D

Back