Switching Saturday

Yes it does. If you keep it maintenance well.
I don't have Fastrack anymore but I do have Lionel O gauge tubular. Same as Fastrack, it can rust and despite the downsides of WD-40, it still prevents the track from rusting considering the risk that the dog makes a mess or something. in addition to cleaning, I make sure that the little nooks and crannies of my tubular track have been exposed to WD-40.

how much does each car weigh ?
Not enough! These flat cars are 5 1/2" long. That would be 3 3/4 oz at NMRA standards. The logs are willow sticks. they are really light when dry, so they're not much for adding weight. I looked at the notes of a couple different cars, with loads one weighs 2 1/4 oz, and the other 2 1/2 oz. So they are light by over an oz., which, all of the cars are. I'm good with that for these cars.

Thanks Lee,

No, I bought all those log flats as is, I just added the log loads.
This was back in 2009-10 era when I was on the look out for rolling stock for my future dream layout.
And here we are! 👍
Thanks funny how we scout like that for years before we actually act on what we’re building. I did the same thing with my HO and O scale now I don’t have to buy very little if anything for both and don’t have to pay the high ridiculous prices now. I can build and enjoy. A old Model Railroader told me once buy the high ticket items while your young and working so you can enjoy them when your old so I did and he was so right.

I don't have Fastrack anymore but I do have Lionel O gauge tubular. Same as Fastrack, it can rust and despite the downsides of WD-40, it still prevents the track from rusting considering the risk that the dog makes a mess or something. in addition to cleaning, I make sure that the little nooks and crannies of my tubular track have been exposed to WD-40.
Try using 3in1 oil works for me and conducts a uniform current seems like to me just my thoughts

Rapido switcher (HO) working the Bennett Creek transfer…

4457D832-E195-4377-81B7-1EA3788D7BA7.jpeg

A full yard to switch....
I had gotten this photo, actually part of a slide show, a couple years ago. Had saved it for the loads. Who makes Tank Loads? Sunshine Models? Has anybody ever seen tank loads modeled?
View attachment 146222
Yes I have a couple times. If you model one be sure not to add the 50.cal MG to it or other Millitary Vehicles they would never put them on back then and now because of people stealing them. Also they was weathered much if any. Notice the Muzzles have not been added to these M26 Pershing. These were used in WWII and Korean War mostly.

Last edited:
Tom nice pic thanks for sharing today. When my oldest Daughter was around 4 years we were at a local Hobby Shop she seen a Athearn Pickle car and she just had to have it after I told her what the purpose of the car does. For years after that when she would be at the Layout I had to stop what I was doing and add the Pickle Car to the Manifest and watch her eyes light up as the car went around the Layout. She’s 22 years old now and asks me once in awhile if I still have it and I tell her I’ll never get rid of it. Thanks for bringing back a good memory.
TrucTrain 55,
I was at the train show at the Garden State Convention Center and saw two pickle cars. I think I felt the excitement, like your daughter did. I bought both. I had never seen them before and just had to have them. There must be something about pickles. Glenn

TrucTrain 55,
I was at the train show at the Garden State Convention Center and saw two pickle cars. I think I felt the excitement, like your daughter did. I bought both. I had never seen them before and just had to have them. There must be something about pickles. Glenn
Yes they are a neat car. The fun also was putting it together with my daughter helping I can’t believe she will be graduating college this year and teaching grade school where does the time go. Post some pics of you have them like to see them

Back