Switches for turnouts

Maxitrains

Hi, I was wondering what type of switches are best to be used for electric turnours. At the moment I'm using simple push to make button switches ( red and black to distinguish ), these type of push to make, tend to corrode from inside after some time and lose contact. But lately I saw some switches from ROCO, which also have two way lights on to show which way the switch was turned last and also has a saftey system that if you keep on pressing these switch my mistake, the turnout motor won't burn out.

I actually like these switches (roco ones ) but I guess these don't exist any more. So I would like to find an alternative ( if possible) to make some kind of switching device, which will mark with red of green light ( on the switchboard / console ) and has some kind of protection for the motors.

Even a small circuit would be good, the problem is that I don't know much about electronics apart from soldering and building up kits :)

Can some one help me out with this problem?

Thanks

Most control panels I have seen use to way toggle switches that auto return to the off position. There fairly cheap, But not sure how you would go about have the light, I could see how it would work when you hit it at first but the second the switch turns too of position the light would also turn off. :(

OK I found it, This switch I saw in action at a friend of mine, and its really neat and effective. Unfortunately he bought them some time ago, when they were still in production, well at least I think they stopped the production, since i don't see them anymore on the ROCO site.

http://www.roco.com/prodDetails.aspx?item=10520

If anyone knows a way to make a similar contraption, kindly tell me, cause I am going to start working out on the control panel soon, and I would like to know in advance what I will be putting in it to reserve a space for everything.

Thanks

Back