switcher ID help

I was looking at train world and found they have some walthers SW8 in CN road #7151 & #7159 but cant find anywhere ,where these number switchers existed? Maybe I am making a big deal out of nothing but kind wanted all my locos...ect to have been in service in real life in some way,shape ,or form.

I was looking at train world and found they have some walthers SW8 in CN road #7151 & #7159 but cant find anywhere ,where these number switchers existed? Maybe I am making a big deal out of nothing but kind wanted all my locos...ect to have been in service in real life in some way,shape ,or form.
According to my very limited CN materials - SW8 #7151 was renumbered from #8501 in 1956. Likewise #7159 was originally #8509.

They are valid numbers after 1956.

Can't have too many! Recent stuff by Walthers Proto will be accurate for the prototype. Though all manufacturers do goof sometimes, they do try hard.

YM
You need to decide which RR & which era you want to model. But it's not that hard to change loco #s if the paint scheme didn't also change. Look at the individual RR historical societies for that kind of info.

I am doing Canadian RR locos I have are CN/BC/CP but I also have a few in other road names mainly soo line/MIL RD which were bought up by those companys. Switcher wise I have only 1 in CP rail (2 more pre order from bowser in CP as well) the rest well..RI/UP/SP/FRISCO/MIL RD/SOO....ect I would like to get the CN but wish it was later coloring. I am on board w/Jerome on this no such things as to many switchers I like running those as much or more then the big ones.

Back