SW1500 or MP15

EHodges

Hey guys,
I have been looking for a SW1500 or MP15 in N scale for a little while now and i have not been able to find one at all. Does anyone out there know of a manufacture that produces ones of these? I would love to get one in Norfolk Southern scheme but right now I would just like to find one to get an idea of cost.

Eric

It boggles the mind to think that to date, no one has made a plastic N Scale SW1500. Probably the largest void in model railroading. I'd have thought that Athearn or Atlas would for sure make one by now, but no dice. It drives my SP & WP modeling friends in N scale NUTS.

Just think, there was no MP15DC before Atlas made one. Several people including myself lobbied hard for a MP15DC/ MP15AC's since Atlas could use some parts from other diesels and a MP15DC would weigh a bit more and have more pulling power. A SW1500 won't have enough weight to pull much. But I've since switched back to HO scale and have a pair of Athearn SP MP15AC's with sound. But you could kitbash a SW1500 using the Atlas shell on a P2K SW1200 frame.

Back