Stuffed Full of Turkey and Heading for the Basement

SpaceMouse

Fun Lover
The weather is cooperating with my layout. I had scheduled the 4-day weekend for picking up leaves because they are finally down. And yes, it will take the family that long to pick them up.

But it was really nasty our with high winds cold rain that turned to snow.

So, I get to make progress on the layout. With any luck, I'll get the switched hooked up to the turnouts and everything else will be gravy.

Speaking of gravy, the gravy was good too. I only get gravy once a year when we cook a bird.

stuffed as well but i dont feel much up to continuing the remolding in the basement tonight. hopefully on saturday......

You're just 3 hours too slow out there. (Although I prefer Monday Night Football starting at 6pm instead of 9 pm.)

Just got done the main meal and waiting onthe dessert. Everything is good so far but I'm still at my inlaws house. When I get home later I'm going to finish up a Walther's PRR RS-1 for my Dad and maybe put a little work into the roundhouse that I have started for my Dad's layout. A couple nights ago I finished a Stewart PRR VO-1000. I'll try to get some pix up on WPF or in showin' off.

Everyone enjoy the rest of the holiday... and Josh, eat something already. It's Thanksgiving for goodness sake. Does the word "STUFFED" mean anything to you?:p

Whew, I can barely walk now... Three platefuls, so so much food.:)

Anyways, back to the layout...

I'm not stuffed, just "comfortably full". :D

Guess I'll try finishing that first in a series of covered hopper enlargements, but that depends on my being able to find the right kind of glue. Probably looking at an early-morning dash to the LHS. One place I absolutely will NOT be tomorrow is Wally World and all those other over-hyped stores having their "black friday" sales - my blood pressure is high enough already, thank you!

One place I absolutely will NOT be tomorrow is Wally World and all those other over-hyped stores having their "black friday" sales - my blood pressure is high enough already, thank you!
The one place I WILL be going. :eek: I need glue too, Elmer's Glue all, for my foam. However, I'm going to try to get my wife's computer (Christmas present), if there's any left.

I did the Black Friday thing once. I'd rather poke my eyes out with a fork than do that again. :) I've started on my swamp (because every Alabama town has a swamp) and it's looking pretty good so far. I need some HO scale snakes to really make it look authentic too. I hear rumors that some of our swamps also have alligators so maybe I'll look for one of those too. My next project will a cotton field outside of town because every Alabama town needs a cotton field too. :D

I think I'm more stuffed than the turkey was. The meal was great and after I got settled in with the other men folks to watch the Cowboys kick the Jets butts Karen's mom came over and asked what I wanted for desert. I said what kind of pie you got? She says you can have Pumpkin or Pecan, which would you like. I said Yes! Followed that with another glass of good Finger Lakes Wine so now I'm ready for a nap. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............

Actually this might be a good time to fire up the layout and clean the track. Havn't run anything in a couple of months so I'm sure it needs it.

Well, I spent the evening hooking up the Hump Yard Switches. They are averaging about 1 per hour with the hook-up. All said and done, I figure 4 hours per switch.

But I think they are worth it. So far, good positive contact.

GEEE guys, with all this turkey cooking you are heading these birds to extinction :p luckily (for the turkeys :D ) this holiday comes once a year. I hope U all had a good time and a good meal ( well from your posts it seems so :D.

My Thanks Giving comes every sunday when I visit my parents, cause my dad likes to cook and we end up comming back here extra stuffed :) I won't be eating till 24 hrs have passed :p, in the evening I will still be tasting every meal course I had at noon :). Now tell me if that is not something to THANK :)

Sorry got in late , Hey Ray I'll have a glass of Bully Hill , Seriously spent yesterday running in the car and eating and running in the car and eating and then sitting on the Potty and then sleeping and getting up at 4:30 to run some more in the car along with the other masses to get that great deal !!!! . Luckily I made it back home with my body and dignity intack !!!!

Greetings folks. I hope everyone had a good turkey day. For those of you from the rest of the world, I hope you had a swell Thursday. I was at the in-laws for Thanksgiving. My father in-law had mentioned a while back that he had an American Flyer train set from his childhood. I asked him if he would show it to me the other day. He has all of the cars and scenery in their original boxes. It was so cool, I was like a kid opening a present on Christmas. He said that it doesn't run anymore. I volunteered to help him. Not that I know much about toy trains. I figured if he took me up on it, I'd find a way to learn how to fix it. Nobody else could figure out why we were so excited to look at old toys. The look on my father in-laws face when he opened the box was heart warming. You could tell that it brought back a lot of memories. He's one of the few in my family that really appreciates the modeling that I've done.

On a modeling note: I have recently commandeered a light blue, king size bed sheet from the linen closet. I hope to use this to cover that ugly fabric on the train room walls. In the future, I plan to try and paint my own backdrop. This new fabric will help me be patient enough to take my time in developing the skills necessary to paint a proper backdrop.

I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Edit: Oops, I was thinking that I was typing in the coffee shop. Oh well, time to double post!

Last edited by a moderator:

Back