Stripping Factory Paint?

@westtexjohn

Thanks John and I have been removing decals/ink and paint/ink the way you do - isopropyl alcohol and tooth brush, I guess I am just getting a bit impatient in my old age and was hoping for something that might work quicker and with a little less effort :)

I also used acetone to remove decals quickly. Yeah, you need to be careful and work quickly then "rinse the whole thing" with alcohol straight away or you would most likely have a disaster. I used that method a couple of times without a problem. Perhaps I just got lucky :)

Eric…nice Jagdpanther!

Thank you! It's been a perpetual project, I started it well over a year ago and it's still not finished. I've had an on-and-off relationship with plastic models since I was a kid. Some days I feel like working on them, sometimes weeks will go by without venturing near the work bench. But I imagine that's not unusual for most of our pastimes.

Eventually I'll get it completed and just like many times before, the excitement of actually finishing a kit will inspire me to immediately pull out a new model kit (I literally have a closet filled to waist level with unbuilt kits I've acquired over the years), and put it on the workbench where it will languish for the next few years until the cycle completes again.

I share this only to reassure those of you who practice your hobbies in a similar manner that such methods are not unusual. 🤣

Back