Strip Mall project

I moved it into final paint , more or less.
paint1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking really good so far. Have you thought of a second floor of offices ? It's getting to be the thing these days. Build upwards

Nice work!...My friend has an old store front row on his layout where he thought of his family and kids. His boy is into music so he has a music shop with his name. His wife is into crafts and antiques so he has her shop there. His daughter has a shop too. Just an idea and a brownie point winner with the family! ;)

Making progress on the strip mall , a lot more detailing to do, clean up, filling in problem areas , (front pilasters need filling in). Roof details etc.
Frontal shot:
fin22.png

Rear shot:

fin2.png

Nice. Real Nice.

What era is this. I'm wondering about AC units on the roof? I wouldn't have thought of it if you hadn't put in the panel. :D

Yep, mouse , it will have some sort of air conditioning. Being deep in the southwest , they might be swamp coolers. This is modern all the way, I try basically to be current in my modeling, with the appropriate amount of older stuff of course , no town is totally modern. I have led lighting inside , tested it tonight. Then I've got to clean up that area where it will sit and start the parking lot , etc. etc. Just goes on and on.

Top notch work Jerry. It looks like most of the strip malls around here, vacant! Can't wait to see what stores move in there. Maybe their rent will help finance your addiction, err, hobby! :D

Very nice work indeed. I think it looks better than the kit. The overhang and large false front to hide the mechanicals is much more prototypical than the kit. Are you planning on having lighted signs too? That would be really cool.

Awesome work! I'd post my lighted sign concept, but well, my decal man is having decal printing issues. If I had the printer to handle it, I'd spin them out and test out my idea. PM if you want info... ;)

Awesome work! I'd post my lighted sign concept, but well, my decal man is having decal printing issues. If I had the printer to handle it, I'd spin them out and test out my idea. PM if you want info... ;)

Don't know if I want to go that far. I think I've spent more time on this than I wanted to. Haven't played choo-choo for a while, because of this obsession. Sounds like a neat idea though.

Last time through on this project, many tiny details to be added in the future but the structure is done.
final1002.png

final1001.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Back