Starting to make trees and scenery.

Torsion

Over the past week I've decided to stop putting off the process of applying scenery to my layout. It's been past due for a while. I started by ordering a tree making kit from ebay. It contained wooden dowels intended to make tall evergreens. The kit also included small branches for making twigs. The kits' greenery material was a little lacking, so I bought some furnace filter material to add a better appearance. I used some woodland Scenics fine turf and hairspray to make the trees. This worked so well that I decided to make smaller trees with the small branches that came with my tree kit.
I used some 1/4 foam board and spackling paste to create small rolling hills on the edge of my sub board. These were painted with craft paint and will soon have turf added as soon as it comes in. This process was much easier than I though, I don't know why I've been putting it off for so long. I guess cause I've never done scenery before and was a little apprehensive.

Attachments

• tree 6.jpg
    tree 6.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 136
  • tree 2.jpg
    tree 2.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 136
  • tree 4.jpg
    tree 4.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 135
  • tree 3.jpg
    tree 3.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 128
Last edited by a moderator:
Impressive. I've yet to tackle scenery much beyond turf, roads and ballast. A few bushes (i.e. lichen tossed down and glued). Not sure I'll ever get really detailed with it, but it's always nice to see others doing good work.

Back