Starting in on my layout

RailroadJeep

2711 & 2189 L-NWE8621
With the purchase of a house, and weather finnaly being more condusive to working out doors, I've begun to make some progress. First order was getting my tracks from the inside staging yard to the layout itself. Here's a few pitcures of my progress so far:

1) the liftout, err, swing up bridge that spans the walkway
2) end view of the bridge
3) the second bridge the spans the Arosa branch and connects the liftout to the FO-RhB interchange station of Disentis.
4) end view looking towards what will be Disentis.

I'll continue to keep this photo log of my layout going if people are interested... Albeit, progess is pretty darn slow, so it may be awhile! :p

Yess sir I like it. Did you build the bridge yourself? And yes I for one, would be interested in info and photos as you progress. Looking Good so far.
3.gif

Cheers Willis

CBCNSfan said:
Yess sir I like it. Did you build the bridge yourself? And yes I for one, would be interested in info and photos as you progress. Looking Good so far.
3.gif

Cheers Willis

Yup, those two bridges started as a pile of steel shapes on my floor. Lotsa cutting, grinding, and welding, and you have what you see. Kinda amzing to look around on the internet and see what people are charging for steel garden railway bridges, then think I've only spent maybe $50 in steel for that 6' long bridge.

My next group of days off I'll be welding in the support for the track, starting in on the mount for the brdige to the house and fabricating some hinges for it. Then it all goes off to get powder coated.

Now whether or not to get tricky and motorize it so the bridge raises and lowers automaticly to clear the walkway.... :D

Back