Sparky's Garage

bob

Administrator
Staff member
1588091273840.png

Bruette posted info on a bunch of new Lionel HO stuff and this one definitely caught my eye! What a great building.

Apparently you can buy it pre-assembled or a kit. I'm imagining what a great starting point the kit would be for a super detailed structure. Look at all the glass! You could build the office in there and have it easily visible. Also, you could model a couple of the doors in the open position and put some cars inside. Put a few more in the parking lot and you'd have a real nice scene to catch people's eyes.

You could get as detailed as you want, tires, grease rack, oil can displays, old posters. The list goes on and on. The result would be impressive.

Nice ... Kind of hard to see where I would hang my "RIGID" girly calendar?

Yeah, weren't those oh so politically correct, LOL.

The first thing I'd do is put up a few interior walls, divide up the office, waiting room and work area. Then add some seats, a counter, display racks, some "art" on the walls. But you could totally trick this out and make it look awesome.

1588113680907.png

1588113847102.png

1588113876501.png

While I do have some specialty electronics tools from snap-on, most of mine are crapsmen before Sears fell apart.

I do like that model, I have one of Walther's kits I have yet to unbox and assemble. (Al's Victory service). I was thinking making it a car dealer as I know of several auto dealers that started in the 50's in old gas stations. The kids even bought me some 50's Lincolns and Ford trucks to start the dealership with.

While I do have some specialty electronics tools from snap-on, most of mine are crapsmen before Sears fell apart.

I also have some Snap-on Tools. Even an old Snap-On tool box. Sometimes they are the best tool for the job.

Much of what I have is SK and Craftsman. I like the quality and value of both of those brands.

I have plethora of other brands as well. When I was on the road and needed a tool anything would do

Ace Hardware is carrying the Craftsmen line now, maybe other places as well.

In the photo of the classic car center with the Mustang pulled in, it is sitting on a modern alignment rack. The hexagonal reflectors for the machine are currently placed on the wall.
If I remember correctly you can't do a true 4-wheel alignment on that mustang, but you can do a thrust angel alignment with that machine, I think?

I think Lowe's or Home Despot are carrying the brand, as well.

Craftsmen tools are now a product of Stanley tools. Which themselves aren't bad, but the lifetime warranty is now gone.

The Mrs. and I spent tons of money at Sears years ago, but got soured on them once they canceled part of an appliance order and couldn't bother to tell us 24 hours later that the order was canceled by the factory, we'd pre-paid due to the special nature of the appliance. We got notice the rest of the order was ready and based on the number of pieces assumed the whole order was in.....We got a better appliance, more expensive appliance for the money we'd already paid (we still have that appliance 22 years later).

Back