SP woodchip gondolas...

Finally I finished my woodchip gondola-project:

Basic cars were two older EC Shops Union Pacific 60' gondolas (not very detailed but cheap...)

Painting and wheatering: airbrush

Decals:microscale

load: foam board,shaped with a hobby knife.Saw flour glued on it with white glue

The nets I've cutted from a fly lattice.

Frank,

That's a great job you did. I like the weathering and the loads look really good.

I didn't even know that woodchip gondola loads have or needs a net?

I recently got a new MP/UP woodchip car myself and I used real sawdust for the load. (glued down with white glue).

Do I need to add the nets?

P1000354_1.jpg

I live almost next door to a sawmill that loads these wood chip cars and they use a net because they "mound" the load to fit a bit more in, but it's super-fine. I be the whole net doesn't weigh more than 8 ounces.

I live almost next door to a sawmill that loads these wood chip cars and they use a net because they "mound" the load to fit a bit more in, but it's super-fine. I be the whole net doesn't weigh more than 8 ounces.

Aha, really. Very interesting. I'll have to add nets to mine.

Very interesting load details. I saved your pics for future reference so I remember to add the nets to my wood chip hoppers.

I took a close look at the loading facility today and noticed that the net they were using was very similar to cheese cloth.

can you post pictures of these? (the prototype pics of the nets actually used) that be great to see those...I myself have never seen these. When I was in Arkansas I never saw them on the hopppers there....interesting indeed.

Back