Sources for business furniture?

Raincoat2

Everyone - sorry if this has been addressed earlier in this forum or elsewhere on this website. I need to know if you have some tried-and-true websites that sell furniture/furnishings for model RR buildings. For example, I have an old-fashioned general store but need shelves with goods on them, a couple of refrigerator cases, a checkout counter, etc. Or tables and chairs and other furnishings for a diner. I've looked on a couple of my favorite websites like MBKlein and Woodland Scenics, and they have very little furniture. So, where do you buy your stuff?
Thanks.
Johnny

Have you tried Walther's? Walthers.com. They are on line as well as having a hard cover reference catalog. Or maybe a supplier of model doll house kits would have what you need.

Greg

Greg - You are right with the Walthers catalog. SS Limited used to have all sorts of metal casting for furniture, but I don't know if they are still in business. I would have to check my catalog when I get home. I also noticed some other offerings in the way of furniture when I got my new catalog a few months ago and was browsing through detail items.

Everyone - Thanks for the tips. I also checked Walthers - they have some things, but a little on the $$ side (they have some sets that are over $100 - probably very well done, but too rich for me at this point in our layout). I checked out SS Ltd - they're still in business, but don't have much of what I'm looking for. Same with Rusty Stumps.

I guess between all those sites and what I can find at hobby stores like Michaels, Hobby Lobby, etc., I'll eventually get what I need. That comes later anyway, but wanted to start acquiring the things we need.

Thanks again.

Johnny - You may try surfing on ebay. I don't go there very often, but when I am on the hunt for details to add to the layout, I have seen some furniture and other interior details show up from time to time. Good luck on the hunt.

Again, thanks everyone for the tips. I have a couple of places to check yet. But between all these locations I should be able to get what I need.

Back