SoundTraxx's New Tsunami SoundCar Decoder

T

tmiller

Hey Guys,

I was fortunate enough last month to visit the SoundTraxx booth at the National Train Show, and listen first hand to their newest addition, the Tsunami Soundcar HO Decoder. If anyone wants to add more realism to their layout, then this is what you are looking for. I was impressed with the quality of sound ,in regards to clickty clack, flange squeal, brake squeal, flat spots, and so much more. I have always wanted to hear the sounds on my layout that I hear while watching a real train pass through town. Now I have it! This decoder also has the capaibility of Horn, Bell, and lighting features.

Installation was very simple. I mounted my decoders in boxcars. SoundTraxx's use of Intelligent Consisting, simplifies the addition of the car to the locomotive consist. Once that is done, the SoundCar is synced with the locomotive. What an incredible sound.

Visit the SoundTraxx web site and take a look at the next generation in sounds, and make sure you check out at all the features and their promo video. http://soundtraxx.com/dsd/soundcar/soundcar.php You won't be disappointed.

Ted

Hi Ted,

Good to hear some feedback on the soundcar decoder, I was hoping that you would give a bit of an update from your
last post since you said you were going to National Train Show, so I guess you have answered all my questions,
so it's time to invest in a few.

Hi Peroni,

The National Train Show was fantastic. That was my first trip, and it was only an hour away. I had the pleasure of talking first hand to many of the dealer reps that I have dealt with in the past.

I am still tweaking the decoders, but right out of the box they are ready to run. So many great features to choose from. Coupled with the engine sounds, it really makes the layout come to life. If you decide to make the investment, and have any problems, please let me know and maybe I can help you out. But really they are simple to install and program. I am using JMRI as my programming tool. If you are using JMRI, and don't see the decoder listed, you will have to download a couple of files from JMRI, but it is really simple to add.

Thanks for the chat.

Ted

Back