sooooo not fair!

AmtrakFan14

Amtrak Fanatic!
I don't understand why walthers dicontinued their new run of phase IVB amfleets! :mad: I never had a chance to even get one. :( I refuse to buy bachmann's amfleets because, well, they look like poo. I just need 2 amfleet II coaches to comeplete my train. :eek: I did hear that walthers is re-releasing them in phase III paint scheme. :( But it's like impossible to re-decal them up in phase IVB. Any one have any suggestions?

Walthers discontinued them because they are retooling them and now they will be the correct profile as the original walthers had the wrong body cross section compared to the real ones. Also the new ones will be plated so they wont match with the older cars either way you look at it. I have a ton of the older Amfleets and I doubt I will get many of the new ones at Over $60 each. I have an 8 car set of Bachmann Amfleets for my HHP to pull around but I am more into the Phase 3 Era of Amtrak so most of my stuff is older. Now if the new Walthers Amfleets roll better and an Atlas AEM-7 can pull 6 of them around no problem thenm I may be tempted as I have a decent fleet of AEM-7's.

I don't understand why walthers dicontinued their new run of phase IVB amfleets! .... Any one have any suggestions?
Well, I never worry if I don't get one of the "limited" editions because they always come up at swap meets, ebay, the various swap forums, or the like. Usually at a much cheaper price. I am certain there are bunches of these out there on the used market. Just keep looking and be patient. Actually I think I need the baggage/coach to make a complete typical California Zephyr.

I just looked and there two food service cars in 4B now. The price is not great but they are at least available.

Back