Binghamton NY

Time to revive this thread. It's now 2010 and I'm headed to Binghamton again. Anyone know of a decent model train shop in that area? I'd like to find a place that sells new and used equipment. I have more fun looking through the used stuff for a gem or two.

Thanks,
Doug

I know there are shops there I just never spent the time to find any, normally spend time chasing the D&H, going out in feb myself

I'm pretty sure there was a train themed hobby shop in Horseheads which is like 30 min west of Binghampton. I have no idea how good they are, or if they are even open anymore though.

There's one in Johnson City called The Train Shop (good name, huh?) that had a good selection and decent prices when I was there in 2000. I checked and the shop is still there so I'd recommend it, if it still has the same owner. Bring your long johns, though. Binghamton is not the most pleasant place in January.

That Horseheads,NY shop is Lantz Hobby Shop dba Wholesaletrains.com

Bring your long johns and beer mug if your heading to Binghampton. That is one cold, snowy place this time of year. But they have some decent bars...

Back