Some new weathering projects

402drvr

Two recently weathered pieces of rolling stock. The Railbox is done with chalks and the Autorack is mostly chalks with some paint used. I used graffiti decals on the auto rack.

What'dya think?

Two recently weathered pieces of rolling stock. The Railbox is done with chalks and the Autorack is mostly chalks with some paint used. I used graffiti decals on the auto rack.

What'dya think?

Lookin good. Now just reshoot them in natural light in order to see more of the details.

Cheers!

Thanks, that's a good idea. The light in the basement is pretty bad. Looking to get my airbrush up and running this week so I can do a couple things with that.

Thanks, I didn't intend for the autorack to be so dirty. As you mentioned most are not that dirty, however, when I realized I had gone a bit too far with some of the dirt I looked for a new picture to guide me. I had been using a less dirty example to follow. I did find a fair number of autorack images where the car was even filthier than how this one ended up so I went with it. Future ones, I will try to make a little less dirty.

Back