So i have alot of stuff

JustMe

ok so after a ebay ordering binge i have aquired alot of things. pics coming soon btw. i got about 75 feet of flex, i got about 75-90 18inch radius curves, about the same straight 9 inch i believe. also i have 5 locomotives, about 30 or so cars four turnouts one of which i burned to the ground this evening lol. 1 railpower 2000 power oack, two life like small blue power packs, umm oe sheet of 4x8 at the monent wana do 2 like i mentioned elsewhere. i just have no ideas where to even start you guys.

Depending on your budget, you have to decide what you want to build. Consider the area that you have to work in. Do you have to stick to a island type layout or can you build it around the walls with loops at each end or a liftout section to make a continuous run around the room. You might do well to focus your track purchases on the fles track rather than the sectional track. You will have more flexibility (:cool:).
Before ya get to far down the road with rolling stock, decide if you want to go DCC and start fitting decoders in the locos now. If you build up your fleet to fast then go DCC, you will have locos sitting around unused.
Plan for scenery too. Don't stop your layout construction progress with plywood world.

Then do the work. Define what it is you want to see. What would it take to make that layout work. Do you want mountains, desert, coal, steel, old West Modern UP, a steam turntable?

What do you see when you close your eyes and picture a layout?

i see some differetn levels on my layout with some good sized mountans as well as some inner city scenery as well. thats why its so hard for me to come up with an idea because i want a few different things. i am gettin closer with all the help from you guys so keep it soming its helping.

So you have room around the edges and room for a penninsula. You should be able to work it in.

List out your givens and druthers.

see thats what im tryin to figure out. i dont know if maybe i can run it along two walls and then have it come out again from the wall so it would be three sided ? this is something i have been thinking.... i have a good amount of room i just need to think of something

i feel your pain :) i look at my locos and i know where they should
be running (U.P. N.S. CSX) then i look at the space i have and i
just cant see a layout i would want to do :mad:

thats what im saying. i have so much track and plenty of cars and locos but i still dont know what to do...

Back