Small HO or N

Just add sound decoder of choice.

These are sold out here, but you should be able to find one.

Last edited:
I like sound and smoke. If I can get that in a smaller loco, let me know. Yeah that beast is stupid. I was just looking for a used one and found they want more than new on ebay.
Yes you can get that in a smaller loco. Or a larger loco in N-scale.
https://www.trainworld.com/broadway...oal-tender-paragon4-sound-dc-dcc-smoke-n.html

BUT if you really like that specific one. They are on sale at trainworld in NYC.
https://www.trainworld.com/mth-80-3...e-w-proto-sound-3-0-mth-trains-80-3301-1.html

Last edited:
This is a mixture of brass and nickel plate. I haven't counted the turnouts but I don't think I'll ever have to buy another. I forgot to look under the benches to see if there are tortoise machines under there. I sure hope so. I'm undecided about tearing the benchwork out. That's a lot of work and storage until needed. The owner suggested he was going to leave them for the next owner and having thought about, I may just leave them. I hope I can save some of the roadbed and risers and any foam. I won't spend a lot of time trying though.

All but some of the bench work is at my house stashed in various cabinets and drawers. The pine boards are outside for now.

Wow that is really a steal. Just three of those turnouts are worth that much. And the kitbashed Furnature store building has to be from at least two $49 kits.

The hard part will be moving it.....
I can't wait to lay put all the turnouts and see what I have. There's no way I'll be using all the of them and half the track. Once I figure it out, I'll be wanting to swap for reefers and passenger cars if anyone's interested.

I can't wait to lay put all the turnouts and see what I have. There's no way I'll be using all the of them and half the track. Once I figure it out, I'll be wanting to swap for reefers and passenger cars if anyone's interested.
I think I am jealous of my reefer's, even the duplicates, but might have some surplus passenger cars. What road(s) and what type of cars are you thinking about?

I think I am jealous of my reefer's, even the duplicates, but might have some surplus passenger cars. What road(s) and what type of cars are you thinking about?
I really don't know. It's all going to be fantasy, Christmas and Disney and such. Maybe some realism as well. New England is where I live so, stuff from there.

That's it
I don't think I have any surplus in that category, but I have always loved the 34' Overton, Petticoat Junction type, cars that MDC Roundhouse used to make. I think Athearn has brought them back. As I recall there is a baggage, combined, coach, and observation.

I too have had both HO and now N Scale. I went from HO to N due to the limited amount of room I had compared to what I hoped to build in a layout. In short then, if you have limited room or only a small area to work with I would recommend going with N Scale.

Back