Silk River R.R. put on hold!

chrismoore93

Central Phoenix Railroad
:( Hello,
Unfortunately yesterday, after chatting with some model railroaders, I found the 10'x9' space on my patio could not be used for a layout :( So, the Silk River Railroad will be put on hold until I can find another space. I'll let you guys know when I find another space. Thought I'd share the news.
-Chris

Yes, a open patio, anyone or anything could've gotten to it.
Did you think of getting a Rothwiler to sleep on the patio? Sure to dissuade unannounced visitors, yep that or a chained Pit Bull for 100% protection insurance :D
13.gif
Willis

Already got two dogs Willis, they would probably chew up the benchwork faster than you could say cheers, lol.
-Chris

Hey! Don't give up so easily!! Layouts don't have to look like the ones you see in the modeling magazines. The Garden Railway "experts" told me that 4-feet-wide by 35-feet-long layout wouldn't "work" for me either. But it did --- after some small alterations. ;)

Point-to-point along the 10-foot side? Maybe with a couple of sidings? Two levels? Build a box/cover to protect the track/scenery/buildings when you're not running? Where there's a will there's a way!!! You can do it!

Chris, if your road has to be outside why not consider G scale, true you won't have an empire but you will have a RR that can exist outside in the elements. When not in use store the rolling stock indoors or in a safe place. Being outside and running larger units on a shorter track may be more satisfying than trying to run an empire that was never designed to be used outside. ( Just a thought)

13.gif
Willis

Willis,
I just don't think I would want to do a G Scale railroad. Don't worry guys I'll find another space!
-Chris

CBCNSfan said:
Chris, if your road has to be outside why not consider G scale, true you won't have an empire but you will have a RR that can exist outside in the elements. When not in use store the rolling stock indoors or in a safe place. Being outside and running larger units on a shorter track may be more satisfying than trying to run an empire that was never designed to be used outside. ( Just a thought)

13.gif
Willis

Although those larger gauges like O and G tend to get pretty darn expensive.

Chris, you could always try a smaller layout, for instance, even though my layout covers several railroad eras (1930's-present) plus supports at least 4 different railroads, I was able to fit it on to a 4 by 8 layout in my bedroom.

I hope that what ever you decide on that it will please you and that it will work out just fine.

Good luck Chris!!!

-Eric Drissell
the only model railroader at Fergus High School, say... I guess that makes me a unique high schooler in Lewistown!!

I was able to fit it on to a 4 by 8 layout in my bedroom.
Well done, Chris if I might suggest, a module on casters that could roll out of the way under your bed when not in use, just an idea.
13.gif
Willis

Back