sideshot sat

blackz28

my 2 4000s on adjoining track

Attachments

• side by side.jpg
    side by side.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 238
Paint the driver centers! Then they won't look like toys.

I always do that. It can be a pain, but it does make a difference. I typically paint blackened wheels as well, and especially nickle plated ones. Black tender and trucks with bright nickle colored wheels. Bleech! If you use an airbrush with a fine tip you can get to everything without taking it apart. It's all part of "making it yours".

Before and after. Two different models here but the same issue with both:

DSC08656.jpg

IMG_2425.JPG

Looks good Alan. I would have to put Espee Steamers on my top five favorite steam locos. Also I have a question to ask you, how difficult is it to add LED's to Athearn genesis GP -9's ,most notably Espee ones? One other thing, Merry Christmas my friend to you & your family. William.

Looks good Alan. I would have to put Espee Steamers on my top five favorite steam locos. Also I have a question to ask you, how difficult is it to add LED's to Athearn genesis GP -9's ,most notably Espee ones? One other thing, Merry Christmas my friend to you & your family. William.

Merry Christmas Bill! To answer your question: I have no idea! I've not had a bulb failure yet, and I'm happy enough with the engines as lit from the factory. You know I have five of those things? Two first run, two second run, and a pumpkin. At eight bulbs/LED's each that'd be 40 replacements. o_O Life's too short, and I have too many projects with a higher priority!

Back