short length passenger car with lighting

bkrenderman

Hi,

My railroad and layout is very small N scale and it has lots of curves as well, so I was thinking of buying passenger car that is short in length for better aesthetics on curves.

please recommend me which one should I buy, I have Kato ES44AC, Atlas SD-35 southern and Penn Central U25C locos. so which car you think will go with these locos?

I do have Atlas 85' cars but they are too long for my curves. my curves are approx 20" Diameter.

Last edited:
My railroad and layout is very small N scale and it has lots of curves as well, so I was thinking of buying passenger car that is short in length for better aesthetics on curves.

please recommend me which one should I buy, I have Kato ES44AC, Atlas SD-35 southern and Penn Central U25C locos. so which car you think will go with these locos?

I do have Atlas 85' cars but they are too long for my curves. my curves are approx 20" radius.
I am a little confused. 20" radius in N-scale should be plenty big enough for any passenger car to look good. Many people would be in heaven if they had that large of curves.

Prototypically an ES44AC would have never pulled a passenger train except maybe an excursion. Both the other loco's could have pulled passenger trains before Amtrak. As to exactly which cars I cannot say. Unfortunately I've not modeled in N-scale for years.

Are you sure you mean "20-inch RADIUS" and not the diameter of a circle of track = 20", which would be a 10" radius curve? That would correspond to a 20" radius in HO scale, which is what my main line curves are in HO, and I run 85' cars all the time. According to the Walthers catalog, Bachmann makes some 72' heavyweight and some streamline passenger cars in N scale.

Back