shopgoodwill site

they have a train section on shopgoodwill.com site and they have alot of HO scale stuff as far as lots with engines and whatnot .

Would it be " advisable " to bid on a locomotive i see on there IF i intend to run it on my layout ? They keep saying : this item has not been tested .

Thanks !:cool:

Sorta depends on the price you pay for it, right? If it's totally fried, how much time and money would you be willing to put into it to get it running? If it runs; good. I'd be more inclined to consider it as a display model (back shop or scrap line) or a loco on display in a park.

not really sure, I rarely see trains at Good will (if thats who this is) but any trains I would get from there, if any I would most likely use as some sort of back shop or scrap line locos, or similar display units, although if it looked good enough it might be one I would use in a park as a display or monument type loco...not really sure id use it for much...

Some of the Lionel stuff is always collectable for some reason. Certainly metal Marx trains are of some nostalgic interest.

The HO stuff all looked like the typical toy train-set cheap rubbish I'd rather forget. All that junk ever did was decieve and frustrate kids that would have otherwise become model railroaders. But it was such trash it only drove kids to other hobbies IMHO.

Fortunately as a kid I discovered Athearn products that were fairly priced (one lawn mowing = one boxcar) and they worked pretty well.

Some of the Lionel stuff is always collectable for some reason. Certainly metal Marx trains are of some nostalgic interest.

The HO stuff all looked like the typical toy train-set cheap rubbish I'd rather forget. All that junk ever did was decieve and frustrate kids that would have otherwise become model railroaders. But it was such trash it only drove kids to other hobbies IMHO.

Fortunately as a kid I discovered Athearn products that were fairly priced (one lawn mowing = one boxcar) and they worked pretty well.

well see man .. i saw a SOUTHERN F7 & Cabboose i wanted and its listed as In Original Box ... And i was gonna actually run it on my layout if it worked .. But doggone now you all dont got me scared to bid on them !! Even my parents told me before i had posted on here to BE CAREFUL !!! But i wanted to also get a model RR's opinion as well .

... The HO stuff all looked like the typical toy train-set cheap rubbish I'd rather forget. All that junk ever did was deceive and frustrate kids that would have otherwise become model railroaders. But it was such trash it only drove kids to other hobbies IMHO...

Amen, brother! Preach it. Can I get a witness?

Back