Shelve depth for 28 inch curves ho scale

Angiebabes79

Hello everybody my name is angelo new to the forum I am gonna be starting a 12 by 8 around the room layout ho scale 3 track main with 24 26 and 28 radius my question is how wide should my shelves be also don't want to be to close to edges want room for stations and a yard will be running 85 am fleets metroliners and some Pennsylvania heavyweights any inf would be greatly appreciated

I think this exact scenario was asked on another thread in this sub forum. You don't want to build shelves more than 24 inches out and that would make it tight for a comfortable 28" radius curve. I use 11.25" and 16" shelves and tightly fit a 22" radius on them. I'd like to do 24" but I'd need bigger shelves and don't want that. You may need to do 24 inch shelves but more than that and then working on them becomes difficult

For your corners, you might want to consider rounding the back of the corner so you don't have to reach so far during the building or scenery process. If ya can't round it, at least reduce the corner with one or a few flat turns of the wall.

IMG_5226.JPG

IMG_5290.JPG

Back