Selling off my inventory of Freight cars.

I have been notified by Hatton's That they are offering me $919.82 U.S. for my 133 freight cars I sent to them. This works out to $6.91 per freight car. This is far more money than I would get attempting to sell them on Ebay; so, I have accepted their offer! This transaction has exceeded what I had expected to be paid! Yes, some of my freight cars might have cost more than $20.00 each and an average cost might have been $10.00; or, so! Still, I feel I have done fairly well for myself!

As long as you are happy that is great. And you are! Congrats

TomO

In actuality I was paid $48.38 less than the $919.82 I calculated I would get. This is due to the exchange rate at the time of payment; or, that Pay Pal took some of the money for exchanging from GBP to Dollars. Even so, I am a happy camper!

OK, You sort of lost me in the final calculation - you said that they were going to pay you $918 US, but then someone decided to reduce the amount by $48? Anyway, I am glad that you are pleased with the final outcome.
That's pretty good - Hatton's must figure that they can make a pound, or two, from the transaction.
I like what you said on your other thread about the C&S locomotives!

Good fortune to you. While it may be less per car than you could get online individually, sending the whole batch to one place is a whole lot better than sending them to 100+ individuals.

Willie, I have tried to sell a few freight cars on Ebay and ended up pulling them off because I was not getting offers on them at less than 1/2 of what Hatton's paid me. So I don't think I could have gotten anywhere near what I did from Hatton's, on Ebay!

Sirfoldalot, I calculated $919.82 for the lot, using a currency calculator on the web. Hatton's method might be different; or, the exchange rate was different at the time they paid me. I'm not sure; but, am good at what I got paid for my inventory.

To anyone considering selling off your inventory, consider Hattons, or try Ebay, your choice!

Back