seems like the boards have been slow

joed2323

I dunno if its just me or what, but i remember in the winter time these boards are just buzzing with all sorts of people. I come on here every day or other day just to see if there is different posts and sometimes it doesnt change at all. I know it must be because of the nice warm summer and many more other hobbies we all have.:p

I will admit i havent devoted all my time to my layout, but i have been building different structures for my layout, and have been looking to expand my layout once again.

I miss the busy atmosphere this website is when everyone is locked inside there house, avoiding the cold weather:)
But i will not go as far as saying i cant wait for winter because winter weather sucks...

Yep this is primarily a winter hobby. Most folks are outside during the summer.

But this summer has been so brutally hot, that I've been spending more time inside, than outside playing golf.

Indeed, the summer months always have marked a low ebb in posting to forums. However, one used to see a very dramatic recovery come each September.

Interestingly, these recoveries in the past few years seem to have been noticeably less marked than in former years. In a number of instances I've obseved that participation in some of the larger forums has been steadily decreasing with time. It makes one wonder if perhaps the novelty of generally conversing with other hobbyists through this medium is wearing off?

NYW&B

Indeed, the summer months always have marked a low ebb in posting to forums. However, one used to see a very dramatic recovery come each September.

Interestingly, these recoveries in the past few years seem to have been noticeably less marked than in former years. In a number of instances I've obseved that participation in some of the larger forums has been steadily decreasing with time. It makes one wonder if perhaps the novelty of generally conversing with other hobbyists through this medium is wearing off?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Forum runs in spurts. When someone comes up w/a new topic that no one else has covered, then you will see a jump in people posting. The reason it seems so slow is there is a lot going on outside this forum. I've been watching the Olympics a lot & I know there's a lot of guys that are doing the same. There's also been a lot of work layoffs lately & a lot of guys don't have the money to spend on their trains, so, you will see a slowdown in posting. I use to try to come up w/a different Heading all the time to get everyone involved, but, I'm running out of idea's. A lot of diff. items have been covered over & over again & people get tired of posting their idea's for the same thing.

NYW&B

It might be that. I was watching the goings on with the Olympics as well, that may have been a part too.

I dunno if its just me or what, but i remember in the winter time these boards are just buzzing with all sorts of people. I come on here every day or other day just to see if there is different posts and sometimes it doesnt change at all. I know it must be because of the nice warm summer and many more other hobbies we all have.:p

Vacations, barbecues, summer festivals, being outside, drinking a cold beer or several on the patio...need I say more? ;) I spent this past week at the NMRA National as did many, so hobby participation isn't dead, just lower key or offline.

Back