securing vehicles to flat cars

is there anything out there that is tacky, kind of like the goo that you see sometimes on magazines that sticks an advertisement to it, once removed you see a bead of gel like substance that was used to adhere it?
i'm planning on securing 20 combines onto 10 accurail flatcars and they dont have tie downs slots unless i drill something.

I think it just peels off, there was an article some years back in Model Railroader and it showed how to paint it on vehicle windows so you can weather the car or truck without messing up the windows, peel it off when done. They also showed using it on F unit windshields to get the wiper look, you know clean were the wipe hits but the rest of the glass is dirty. I want to try sometime but not ready yet.

I've used this stuff http://www.containerstore.com/shop/collections/display/cubesCases?productId=10007847 ......works pretty well to hold, the tricky part is hiding the stuff under the tires. In some cases you can use a chunk under the vehicle frames. For fun, I've stuck vehicles upside down on our club layout under bridges and stuff, and the cars have always stayed where I stuck them. The pack in the ad would easily do your whole project.......and this stuff DOES come off easily.

Back