Searching for painting Pens

AemJaYstrains

Hi Community

I want to start, painting on my rollingstock, mostly freight cars. I want to add some Graffiti on them, so here is my question.
What kind of Pens should i use? Do you have some favorits? Can you tell me your secrets.

Thank you for letting me know.

Cheers
jaY

Well i could model the 50s but i try to enter the walthers graffiti contest so i have to do a graffiti :p Plus i like graffitis thats why they also will be on my layout ;) I found some pens. thank you will see if it works and if i can adapt in scale!

Well i could model the 50s but i try to enter the walthers graffiti contest so i have to do a graffiti :p Plus i like graffitis thats why they also will be on my layout ;) I found some pens. thank you will see if it works and if i can adapt in scale!
If you ask TomO ( @TLOC ) He has somewhere that makes graffiti decals as well, or check out his weathering thread.

Chris gives sage advice for someone just starting out! Anyone wanting start this process needs to read thru this thread.

This thread is a treasure of great information. It covers everything from what paints, brushes, thinners, powders...etc..

Hi Community

I want to start, painting on my rollingstock, mostly freight cars. I want to add some Graffiti on them, so here is my question.
What kind of Pens should i use? Do you have some favorits? Can you tell me your secrets.

Thank you for letting me know.

Cheers
jaY
For tagging, I use AK Interactive weathering pencils or the white and black fine point Sharpies.

For custom graffiti, IMO the best markers are the Posca pc-1m fine tip paint markers. I have tried many different brand markers and tips but find the fine tips work the best for me, no matter the brand. I have used the airbrush but my really really steady hand days are diminishing. I no longer can draw the really nice fine line

The only one brand I DO NOT recommend is the Michaels line called Craftsman.

My favorite method of graffiti is the use of decals. I mainly use sheets from CircusCitydecals.com, fusion decals at fsdecals.com and the Blair line from Blairline.com

Last edited:

Back