Sealing blue Dow foam

Goldnut

I guess I should have asked here first. I sprayed some Krylon clear matte over some blue dow and Im sure everyone reading this already knows what happened! :eek:
What should I have sealed it with? What a dumb mistake! I had a pretty nice double tunnel portal made too! At least I made a pattern first. Dont laugh at the new guy too much.... Ken

I was using the water based acrylic but water to seal it because I should have used pencil instead of ink when laying it out. The ink was bleeding through the paint. Figured Id try to seal it before the next coat of paint. Is the krylon fusion a spray paint?

The Krylon Fusion does come in a spray I've used it on some plastic buildings but on any foam I just use the cheap Apple Barrel paint I just dilute it about half with water and go at it with a cheap brush This isn't done yet but you get the idea

Attachments

• DSC_0099.JPG
    DSC_0099.JPG
    267.9 KB · Views: 145
Well it wasnt a total loss. The spray kinda set and the end result kinda looks like concrete. I painted it with apple basket grey. Going to do a wash with black and see how it looks after that. Thanks for the input. Ill post pics after the wash.

Back