Scratchbuilding Contest

eTraxx

I'm in ..

Shortline Modelers Lounge is announcing it’s first scratchbuilding contest. Since it is our first, I thought I would keep it fairly simple. Also, I want to give a first time scratchbuilder a project that is not overwhelming and that they can finish.

The model is a simple 12 x 12 foot square shed, which can be used as a lineside or offline structure. The plans which are available below for download are drawn to ¼” to the foot, however the model can be built to your favorite scale and your time period. The judges will be the readers of Shortline Modelers Lounge and they will determine the top three models.

First Place $100USD
Second Place $50USD
Third Place $25USD

Details: http://shortlinemodelers.com/blog/12’-x-12’-shed-contest

Looks like fun. Dose the siding have to look like that? I model old steam, and the lumber would be much rougher and probably vertical.

Chip, the rules say siding and roofing are the modeler's choice, so you should be able to do it any way you want, as long as the 12'x12' footprint is maintained.

Well darn. Shaw just posted up the following:

Do to circumstances beyond my control, the contest and prize money needs to be cancelled. If you have any questions, please email me.

Back