Scratchbuild? Me?? Why Not???

Lady_Railfan

House Mother, Cheerleader
I was messing around with the layout today --- raking leaves, pulling weeds, planting more groundcover, etc., and ran across some busted up pieces of redwood trellis material. "Hey! I could use those little strips to build something," sez me.

Well, as it happens, the guys who hang out at the Saloon have complained about having to run all the way over to the freight depot to, uh, make room for another Sarsaparilla. So I've decided to build 'em an outhouse.

Here's the first draft of the plan. (A draftsman I am NOT.) It's inspired partly by a model I saw at a meeting of the San Diego Garden Railway Society, where members open their railways for folks to visit.

Surely this can't be as hard to build as the Ford Roadster, right?

Not too hard, until you wire it up so that as the train passes the door opens much to the embarrassment of the person inside :D :D :D :D

Looks good to me, I believe I have a place for one of them. All the measurements are there except for the hole, guess I'll have to take a HO bum off a boxcar to find out. :D
Actually it looks like a great starter project think I'll save a copy for a slack time if ever.
Cheers Willis

...think I'll save a copy for a slack time if ever
Better wait to see how it turns out, first. :D Yeah, I'm not sure about the size of the hole, either. Those G-scale figures have pretty tiny butts! And can you imagine how small the roll of TP on the inside of the door will have to be????

And can you imagine how small the roll of TP

Excuse me, but it you want realism there won't be a roll of TP...there will be a simulated Sears or Monkey Ward catalog for reading and wiping...<G>

Back