Scenery From the M&W (Formerly the SEI)

I started the scenery on my 3x8 n scale layout this week and for being a 1st time modeler I am pretty proud of myself. I started with this back corner by my scene block to "test" my technique and I used a brown latex paint on the foam then used ground cover on top. I still need to ballast the track edge and I have a gravel edge for the road but overall I am pleased with the outcome. Hopefully I can get one of the main buildings started (a warehouse) soon so I can progress further. Any comments and suggestions are more than welcome.

Yeas Teamanglerx, that is something to be proud of.. After 40 years of mrr I still have that feeling of excitement when you modell something "new" about scenery..
Suggestion and comments..that's difficult to say...It deals with what or where, wich part of the year( summer..autumn etc) It has also to do with what kind of skills you already have and if you want to improve these( that will take some time AND efforts (also some money:( ) So....If I could make this scene for 40 years..Yes !I would be very proud too!!
The only suggestion I have for this scene: try to use some (more?) WS turf dry grass/burnt grass just accross/at the base of the tracks and than add, with a teasieve( Very Brittish:D ) the green grass or weeds turf/blende turf. Not to much.. just enough that you still can see the dry grass...Also you could add some, not to much some coarse turf flocks( color: weeds) on some spots it immitates the weeds that are still green because the roots grow further in the ground/soil than the grass and other small plants do...( if it is mid summer and Hot!!)
So please contignue and show you your progress!

Jos

Back