ScaleTrains Christmas Story parody.

Im hoping, and praying that the January Diesel announcement is Dash9s. I haven't picked up any SDs yet, but I have 6 of the Tier4s, and love their locomotives!
Or the AC 4400,nobody has really done a good one of those either.Kato was so so and didn't do much with them.Roco was supposed to and never came to be and Athearn just had the in ready to roll instead of the gneiss line.A lot of roads had the AC 4400 and western roads had the dash 9's also.I was hoping Atlas was going to move forward doing dash 9 and AC 4400 but their still beating the dash 8 dead horse.

Or the AC 4400,nobody has really done a good one of those either.Kato was so so and didn't do much with them.Roco was supposed to and never came to be and Athearn just had the in ready to roll instead of the gneiss line.A lot of roads had the AC 4400 and western roads had the dash 9's also.I was hoping Atlas was going to move forward doing dash 9 and AC 4400 but their still beating the dash 8 dead horse.

I would take an AC4400 as well. I just did some reading on them, and didn't realize U.P. had that many of them, and that's a road I model.

I would take an AC4400 as well. I just did some reading on them, and didn't realize U.P. had that many of them, and that's a road I model.
With what they bought plus the roads they acquired like CNW and SP they have quite the fleet of them.

I'll have to replay that several times....not cause I like it.....but to maybe understand it.??

You would have to see the movie A Christmas Story to understand it.
And I think you'd have to have enjoyed A Christmas Story to find it amusing.

Personally, I didn't like the movie, so I didn't care for the parody either. My parents left the Midwest in order to get me away from that sort of thing. :p

And I think you'd have to have enjoyed A Christmas Story to find it amusing.
Well, I think A Christmas Story is possibly the best modern Christmas movie out there (as opposed to things like Elf and Scrooged ), but I didn't find the parody funny in the least. Why would the wife be revolted by a "best diesel" award? It certainly doesn't have any erotic qualities to it.

Believe it or not, I have not seen A Christmas Story either.
How about A Holiday Affair? The plot is made possible by a little boy and a "Red Rocket Express" three rail O-gauge train.

"It's an awful little train to carry enough dynamite to change a person's life."

Last edited:
How about A Holiday Affair? The plot is made possible by a little boy and a "Red Rocket Express" three rail O-gauge train.

"It's an awful little train to carry enough dynamite to change a person's life."
No I have not seen that one either. I love movies, I just don't spend much time watching them. Most of the Christmas movies I have seen were because I watched them with my kids.

This one I have on VHS, it's one of my favorites!
1545906065327.png

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044008/

Goin' back there some, Louis! 1951. Remember Alistair Sim, mostly from "The Bells of St Trinian's" comedies and others. The late 40's to the late 50's was the time of the great British comedies, mostly B&W, from Ealing Studios.

Goin' back there some, Louis! 1951. Remember Alistair Sim, mostly from "The Bells of St Trinian's" comedies and others. The late 40's to the late 50's was the time of the great British comedies, mostly B&W, from Ealing Studios.
I watched that movie as a little boy. To me he is still my idea of Ebenezer Scrooge.

Back