Saturday night, anyone working on their layout?

SNE

So it's Saturday night, my wife is out to dinner with the women folk, it's just me and the dog! I'm Doing some layout planning/designing tweaking a few things before I start building!
21c7df20c79c2080338a00ddcaecaf1c.jpg

Anyone else working on their layout tonight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G'day SNE....That's one laid back dog....What's his/her name and age......My Border Collie (Missy) does that laid back stuff but my Australian Kelpie (Daisy) is a nutcase...but she's only a big puppy really ,.... What a nice way to spend a quiet Saturday night , designing your new layout...I bet the original plan will get 'tweaked" a few times yet though...Most do...Great photo. Re the query...Saturday night was 12 hours ago now and yes I mucked around with a curve that was sinking outward a bit but it's not shimmed yet..Not sure if I'm not going to bank it yet .Cheers Rod...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Rod!! She's a 7 year old beagle, lazy as can be! Here's the one year old baby,
f4b940bc4f0de9f13242db16e0cd122c.jpg

He has so much energy!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

I would like to be working on my layout.
I spent most of the day rounding up the material to build a work bench.

Now I am too tired to work on the bench.

What I would give to be 50 again. :p

G'day SNE , Thanks , it's mid morning on a bright sunny but cool late autumn Sunday morning , My five year old Border Collie Missy is resting like your 7 year old Beagle as I write this and my 17 month old Australian Kelpie Daisy is like your young'un....You'll have to touch base with Louis Bruette in Baltimore , He has two beagles too...Sophie and Tucker...You guys have a lot in common in that regard especially...You also have a great weekend...Cheers Rod..

Anyone else working on their layout tonight?
Nope. Stuck on a homework problem. Anyone out there can explain how to code a TreeSet using a constructor with a comparator? Works great when using Collections.sort. sigh

No, didn't have time to get to the empire. I started out the day at a bible study breakfast, then took my granddaughter and grandson to the PWMRC model railroad club layout. After that, I attended my grandson's soccer game. Got home about 3pm then had to work on the Harley. I blew a front fork seal while up in Detroit last weekend. The streets up there are in pretty bad condition. It was almost like riding motocross. I got one fork installed back on the bike and will get the second one installed this afternoon.
I really need to get some time on the empire as I will be hosting an operating session in a couple weekends. I have to put the list of moves together and stage the freight cars then align it with a time schedule. Final step will be to clean up the basement then plan the snacks and videos that will be running up stairs in the team ready room.

I have been so busy with different projects that I haven't seen the inside of the train room in two weeks. Doubt that I'll get much done until my remodeling projects are completed on the house.

Maybe I'll drop down there later today just to say hello.

Chet

Worked outside all day yesterday, cleaned the truck, dewinterized the trailer and cleaned it for start of camping season (Lake Placid next weekend). After supper I went to the train room for what I planned to be an hour tops. Well 3 hours later I came back up stairs and had about 90% completed a Kadee Skeleton log car. The detail on these cars is amazing. Not so good for 68 year old eyes, fat fingers and the shakes though.

Life happens!! I wonder what the ratio of actual layout time we get compared to daydreaming about our layouts is?!

I've been trying to figure out for the past three days why my Digitrax BD-4 block detectors haven't been showing any detection on my 8 blocks. Messed around with it some today with no luck

Life happens!! I wonder what the ratio of actual layout time we get compared to daydreaming about our layouts is?!

G'day SNE ,all........There's 168 hours in a week...Out of that you spend roughly 56 hours sleeping..(probably dreaming of the layout)...you spend another 40-50 hours working or doing other things at home..so we're down to around 60 hours left...Then there's all the mundane jobs , travelling around , talking....yadda yadda....(probably daydreaming about the layout)...My guess , IF you were lucky enough to have 5-10 hours a week on the layout you've done well...Tell you what...it'd make an interesting Forum Poll Topic sometime...Cheers Rod..

I can spend the entire day on model railroading or just a few hours. But sometimes as little as an hour can be productive modeling time. Or, I'll just run a new engine or exercise an engine that's been idle for a long time. You'll find me more often than not in the basement when the hot and humid days arrive.

My layout isn't that overly large, but I spend a lot of time on detailing, scenery and maintenance. I wonder how much time the guys with basement size layouts spend either working on their layouts or just maintaining them?

Recently, more time has been spend on the computer visiting modeling sites, than actually in the layout room.

Greg

Back