Santa Fe 3500.

Hi everyone.
Today I went down to Hobby town in Omaha and bought me a New Bachmann HO Scale Santa Fe GP40 Locomotive. AT&SF 3500. Here are two photos of my new Engine. This is my first time ever owning one of these units. Blue Bonnet.

SantaFe3500002.png

SantaFe3500001.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking model but time to get out the decals. The Santa Fe only owned one GP-40, #2964 (earlier #3461) and that was destroyed in a wreck in Pico Rivera Ca in 1988. Here's a picture:

Atchison%20Topeka%20&%20Santa%20Fe%20ATSF%

I don't know why manufacturers can't get road numbers right, especially since there was only one of these and the Santa Fe never had a diesel numbered 3500.

Nice looking model but time to get out the decals. The Santa Fe only owned one GP-40, #2964 (earlier #3461) and that was destroyed in a wreck in Pico Rivera Ca in 1988. Here's a picture:

Atchison%20Topeka%20&%20Santa%20Fe%20ATSF%

I don't know why manufacturers can't get road numbers right, especially since there was only one of these and the Santa Fe never had a diesel numbered 3500.

Maybe Bachmann just lumped all the 40 series locos together. ATSF had a few between the GP40, GP40-2, GP40x, etc.

Maybe Bachmann just lumped all the 40 series locos together. ATSF had a few between the GP40, GP40-2, GP40x, etc.
One GP40, & 10 GP40X's thats it.

Bachmann was not concerned about historical accuracies.

One GP40, & 10 GP40X's thats it.

Bachmann was not concerned about historical accuracies.

True, but you'd think, when a railroad only had one engine of the type being produced, a two minute internet search would have produced the right number. It's certainly no harder to print 2964 than 3500. :(

Was just playing with my LIFE-LIKE Santa Fe, #3500 (which I've had for years) when I came across this site. I noticed the anomaly concerning the what I deem to be make no..

I decided I'm going to repaint the side with #2964 in order to keep things accurate.

Thanks for the heads up.

Was just playing with my LIFE-LIKE Santa Fe, #3500 (which I've had for years) when I came across this site. I noticed the anomaly concerning the what I deem to be make no..

I decided I'm going to repaint the side with #2964 in order to keep things accurate.

Thanks for the heads up.

I think I have that same locomotive :p

tell me how to properly remove handrails D:

Thanks for the heads up.

GP40s have 3 radiator fans top/rear so if yours has only 2, technically it's not a GP40. There's enough pix on the internet so you should be able to find one to model more accurately. But hey it's your MR, do whatever you want!

Last edited by a moderator:
necroposting

On a message board, posting something irrelevent on a really old topic to bring it to the top of the list topics. name comes from the fact that you are bringing it back from the dead, thus Necro.

Understand yhr English language pretty well but don't understand hut our point agt sll
lol necroposting is dragging an old topic back to life like this one its from 2008 ;) most of the time the mods axe it because trolls use that trix to clog up the forums :eek:

lol necroposting is dragging an old topic back to life like this one its from 2008 ;) most of the time the mods axe it because trolls use that trix to clog up the forums :eek:

Nothing wrong w/ responding to bad info that's STILL floating around no matter if it's OLD or new!

If it's an old Life-Like, it's not likely to be particularly heavy on prototype accuracy or detail, so as it seems SF had a GP38 with that number and colour scheme, go with that and continue to enjoy. It's all about just having fun and sometimes a little mistaken identity doesn't matter.

Welcome to the forum Grizzwald, you'll find there is room for all tastes and styles here, join in and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Back