Rochelle railroad park

riss2509

engco18
The shop at the Rochelle railroad park will be closing this coming weekend. If you live in the area, may be worth taking a trip up there, possibly get some good deals on stuff. If you have ever been to the park, the shop there had a bunch of items, including model trains. Consigners as well as new stuff could be found there! I just hope the village keeps the park open, its a killer place to go spend the day and watch the diamonds!

Sorry to hear another one is biting the dust. Pretty soon the whole country will be like central Alabama, with the nearest hobby shop 60 miles away. :(

It really bites! The park at the diamonds will still remain, I highly reccomend gettin out there for the day! The shop on the other hand, there is alot of speculation that the city is trying to pry into things out there and what they want hurts the people who have run it in the present and past. We will see!

Well, took a run out there today as things was packing up. Got some hugely great deals on a pair of proto GP60's for santa fe and a couple BNSF trinity hoppers. But, on a side note, this wouldve been the pinnacle to my day and I just missed it. Mr. Eric Brooman of Utah Belt fame was out there early this morning visiting the diamonds. Didn't even realize it till I saw the guest sheet at the front door. But, in short, the building will reopen as a visitors center only.

Glad you got some good deal and it's too bad you missed Eric. I'm sure he would have been an interesting guy to talk with.

Back