Replacing Wiring and Connectors on a Bachmann Spectrum HO 2-10-0

HNW1223

Hi everyone,

Since 2013 I've had a Bachmann Spectrum HO Scale 2-10-0 with DCC Sound. The locomotive runs great, not the strongest puller, but a little bit of Bullfrog Snot helped resolve the issue. Anyway, these locomotives, along with other Bachmann steam locomotive, have the infamous locomotive/tender wiring that always pop out of the little yellow sockets. Luckily, this hasn't happened yet with the 2-10-0, which honestly surprises me, but I can tell that it's bound to happen at any point. The wiring on the locomotive looks like its just about ready to pop out and I was curious if it would be possible to just entirely redo the wiring between the locomotive and tender so that this is preventable in the future.

I did some research and found one guy who was able to successfully rewire a newer Spectrum 2-10-0 with sound using some TCS connectors, which have the same factory connections, therefore the same issues as the older ones. I wasn't able to find out who exactly did this for him. I would like to do something similar with my locomotive, however, I do not have a lot of soldering experience and I would feel more comfortable if someone who has more experience than me does it in order to prevent any damage to the locomotive.

Anyone know any services that could help me out with this? Links, emails or direct contacts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

-HW

Your local hobby store would be a good place to ask, they might be able to help, or know someone local to you that can do the work.

Back