Remodeled viaduct

NYC_George

Last winter I started scratch building a concrete viaduct for my second deck (photo 1) where you see the temporary bridge installed. I started the project as a viaduct and every thing seemed to be going well (Photo 2) so I put the half built bridge in its future location and it didn’t look right. I’m not sure if I made to many arches for this type of bridge or what but it didn’t work. So a few days ago almost a year later I started remodeling and finished the bridge. This is what I came up with. (Photo 3)

NYC_George

Looks good from what I can see. Don't know what the issue was with the first bridge but the second one looks good.

Just didn't work out

Jim I don’t know why but when I looked at the bridge from my control location you couldn’t see the insides of the portals. It was like they weren’t even there for some reason. Maybe the angle was wrong from that location. The bridge looked far better from the north end of the room. I didn’t think it looked good enough for the effort I was putting in so I did stopped and did a redesign. Now it’s on with my second concrete viaduct project. Two more of the project’s Walter’s concrete street arch bridges I ordered just came in. They’ll be spilt in half to go with the first one I bought to make the 5 bridge viaduct for the lower level. You can see the unfinished plywood riser toward the back of the wall in (Photo 1) the arches will go there. I bought a total of 3 bridges on sale at Walther’s for $53.00.

Thank's for your comment FunValleyLine.

NYC_George

Back