Random B'ham Photos

L&N Castle

Evening. The past couple of days,after work, I would ride around Downtown Birmingham,and just take photos of whatever I could find. I did this mostly to relax,after a hetic day at work. So,here is some of what I found from different places around downtown. Let me know what y'all think. Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
The first two pictures,were done while I at the Sloss Furnace Museum. The CSX mainline is literally right next door,and I apologize for the quality,but I was on one side of the fence,the trains were on the other.:eek: . The next few photos,were taken from both the 21st Street bridge,and the 22nd Street Bridge. What caught my eye,was the two Kansas City Southern locos with the NS loco.William.

In case some of are wondering,I used a Canon A550 point and shoot camera for all of the pics. While I'm not as good as Grandeman,I think most of these pics turned out okay. Here are a few more,from the bridges.:cool: .William.

Uh,guys,pardon the duplication of one of the photos,my bad.:eek: . Whoops. any way,that's all for tonight.I'll post some more,when I get a chance. Y'all have a good night,and a better day tomorrow.Later.William.:cool: .

William, those are some nice photos. I see the Kudzu is starting take over up there too. Makes it real hard to get trackside for decent photos in a lot of places now.

Thanks fellows. I tell you,I really wish I could of gotten a little closer to the CSX mainline,but I wasn't real sure about the service road that ran along the fence line,and seeing as I didn't want to get stuck in spot where I couldn't get out of,and, seeing as it was late afternoon,and the Museum was most likely going to closing for the night,well,you get what I mean.I have a few more to post,so I'll post those tomorrow. Thanks again guys,stay tuned. William.

Back