Rainier and Pacific (My fictional 1950's layout)

ShadowNix

UP and GN Modeler
Ok, I guess I have lurked enough, I should share my layout design. It is a fictional Union Pacific (with GN interchange) line that runs in the Pacific Northwest, near Tacoma, WA. Here is the layout...about 2/3 done with track...working on the middle yard atm. The lower right corner by the door has a swing out for access so you don't have to duck under (where the double mainline is). There is backdrop between the purple line with the slip switch and the middle yard... and mountains with tunnels in the lower right just before the double mainline to break the scene. For scale, the room is about 26 x 19. Mainline, nothing smaller than a #8 and/or curved 30' radius. #6's in the yards. Masonite spline on risers that merge onto plywood at yards. I can take more pic's this week of the actual layout and progress...

1679280497649.png

Last edited:
Current progress... still a LOT to do, but finally getting middle yard done and switches...oh, I run DCC on this - ESU Command Station and Mobile Control II.

TR1023.jpg

Entry Way...(by door)

TR223.jpg

Moving into Layout
TR423.jpg

Looking back where I entered
TR523.jpg

The curve of the U in the layout (Mushroom on R; turntable yard ahead (not done)

Waterway; end of middle yard (top of mushroom)

TR923.jpg

Top of mushroom looking down other aisle.

TR323.jpg
Middle yard, looking back from other aisle to mushroom top.

TR623.jpg

Tunnel to swing bridge and logging area, as well as hidden bench exit

TR723.jpg

Far side of far aisle; looking away toward other tunnel and mainline passing siding

Attachments

• TR123.jpg
    TR123.jpg
    469.7 KB · Views: 43
  • TR1023.jpg
    TR1023.jpg
    600 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Current progress... still a LOT to do, but finally getting middle yard done and switches...oh, I run DCC on this - ESU Command Station and Mobile Control II.

View attachment 164775
Entry Way...(by door)

View attachment 164776
Moving into Layout
View attachment 164777
Looking back where I entered
View attachment 164778
The curve of the U in the layout (Mushroom on R; turntable yard ahead (not done)

Waterway; end of middle yard (top of mushroom)

View attachment 164784
Top of mushroom looking down other aisle.

View attachment 164781Middle yard, looking back from other aisle to mushroom top.

View attachment 164782
Tunnel to swing bridge and logging area, as well as hidden bench exit

View attachment 164783
Far side of far aisle; looking away toward other tunnel and mainline passing siding
Nicely done, very impressive layout you've built.

Very nice!
Love your rock work, and that’s quite the bank of switches being built too!
Thanks, man. They look better painted, but want to get the trains running more first. I used a LOT of different molds and have used both plaster and resin...perfecting my techniques... I like both, really...resin is nice because you can paint then pour so that the primer is already on...

Back